Welcome back! Hope you tried your hand at making them chickpea patties, and found the taste every bit worth the time spent making them. So as promised, I am back with recipe number 2, shared by Chef Surjan Singh Jolly at the Canola Bloggers Meet. This one is called Smoked Eggplant mash, with toasted croute.
So here we go!
Portion Serves 4
250g eggplant (large), smoked over coal ambers
2 tbsp canola oil
1 tbsp ginger, peeled and finely chopped
2 tbsp garlic clove, finely chopped
2 red onions, peeled and finely chopped
3 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
1 sprig coriander leaf washed and finely chopped
Salt to taste
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
3-4 toasted bread strips
1. Wash the eggplant, wipe it dry and place it on a char-grill/roasting tray and roast in a pre-heated oven at 250 degree C for 20 minutes or until the eggplants bake skin on.
2. Peel the skin and wash it under running matter, if you wish you can remove the seeds inside.
3. In a pan, add canola oil and all the ingredients listed above, except for the toasted bread strips.
4. Mix it all well and cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Check for seasoning and serve the eggplant mash a spread on toast.